Well it's about time Chi-town did its own festival, having DEMF so close by I'm surprised they hadn't taken a cue from the neighbors.
The Chicago Electronic Music and Arts Coalition’s primary function is to serve as the planning body of the Chicago Electronic Music and Arts Festival. The goal of CEMAC is to educate the general public and fellow listeners about Chicago’s role in the influence, progression and evolution of electronic and modern music and art.
The Chicago Electronic Music and Arts Coalition strives to foster an ongoing dialogue among community members regarding these principles, creating learning opportunities throughout the community at large while implementing ongoing outreach efforts. Long-range initiatives include:
• Hosting educational workshops, information sessions and panels for working electronic arts professionals and community members, to be held throughout the year at various supportive venues throughout the community.
• Produce fundraiser events on behalf of CEMAC and other like-minded organizations within Chicago’s electronic arts community
• Fostering collaboration between working artists and local businesses
• Serve as arts advocacy and general creative support for working electronic musicians and artists
• Hosting an annual festival in Chicago that showcases innovative developments in electronic music, experimental music and multimedia arts
• Produce consistent promotion and elevation of the local electronic music scene within Chicago and throughout the United States.
• The Chicago Electronic Music and Arts Coalition will also help public officials and citizens alike to acknowledge and promote the educational impact and economic value of electronic music upon the city of Chicago.
CHICAGO ELECTRONIC MUSIC AND ARTS FESTIVAL MISSION
The principal goal of the Chicago Electronic Music and Arts Festival is to showcase, highlight and educate listeners about Chicago’s rich history and many contributions concerning the influence, progression and evolution of electronic and modern music and art on a global scale while paying homage to Chicago, the city known across the globe as the birthplace of house music.
The four-day festival will bring together electronic music’s pioneers, innovators and next-generation leaders for a series of live performances, DJ sets, screenings and discussions, focusing upon the convergence of electronic music with other forms of music and cutting-edge digital art.
The first annual CEMAC Festival will include many of the world’s best electronic musicians, DJs and producers, multimedia artists and video artists, bringing together electronic music’s legends and pioneers and next-generation innovators, for a series of live performances, DJ sets, film screenings, panel discussions, and educational workshops. The festival will feature local talent alongside emerging and well established artists who have been touched and influenced by the Chicago electronic music.
The festival is organized and supported by the Chicago Electronic Music and Arts coalition, with additional support from governmental agencies and consulates, media sponsors, and co-presenters affiliated with various music clubs and venue partners throughout Chicago. All have lent their support and resources in an effort to host a combination of free and ticketed events, showcasing a wide variety of electronic and experimental musical styles. Lastly, The Chicago Electronic Music and Arts Festival will gauge, acknowledge and emphasize the economic value and impact of electronic music on the city of Chicago, not just surrounding the festival, but sharing the focus with the nightclub and tourism industries surrounding the festival.