Friday, December 21, 2012
My favorite recommendation was the "Odd Ball Day" which included releasing your toxins at Maroma Resort’s Kinan Spa and eating a Mexican tapas dinner at Indigo Beach.
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Jan. 10th - DESOLAT w/ LOCO DICE, MARTIN BUTTRICH, TINI - Blue Parrot
From January 8th - 15th, I know the festivities start much earlier but these are the dates I'm going.
8th - Life & Death @ Canibal Royale
9th - Dirty Bird @ Canibal Royale
10th - tINI & the Gang @ CB
11th - Culprit VS Leftroom @ Mamitas and Never Say Never: Cassy & Sasha @ Kool
12th - ADID @ Mamita's
13th - This is the end
: Night :
8th - Free
9th - Hot Creation @ Coco Maya ???
10th - Desolat @ Blue Parrot
11th - Dixon @ Coco Maya
12th - Rebel Rave / Super Freq
13th - Tulum
Liesure Activities (Non Festival):
Chichén Itzá by Colectivo Bus $4 US
The Jungle Place Monkey Sanctuary
Monday, December 3, 2012
So I know its been a while since I've written anything. My writing has been sporadic best, sorry guys I needed a break after going "on tour" from 06 - 09. My life has gotten hectic with that thing I do in between fun, you know it's called work. But lets move on before I get sidetracked.
BPM!!!!!! It's the first ravecation I'm excited about in a long time. Fun, Sun, Beaches, Taco, and Electronic Music in a tropical setting. Ahhhh.... I can not wait. I hope it reminds me of a chiller WMC. Yup, like back in the day and with less a hectic pace, mexican food, and minus the masses. Well at least that's what im hoping for, but I could be totally wrong.
I need to get out of this NYC cold so bad, 2013 please hurry up.
Here are my deets and expenditures:
Dates im going: 1/8 - 1/15
Yeah sorry I couldn't get the entire week off that thing called work again. Planing on compressing in Tulum a couple of days after BPM ends. Traveling on American Airlines, round trip $411 US.
Logging: Casa Del Mar Condos, Sleeps 6, $250 US per person
We booked an ocean from view penthouse with get a PRIVATE HOT TUB!!!!!! SCOOOOREEE! or maybe I should say GOOAAL! It's in the Downtownish area.
Booking via http://www.nasplaya.com/
Transportation CUN to Playa: Aldo Buses
I heard this was the best way to go or at least the cheapest, you can catch them at the airport for about 10$ US.
Touristy Stuff if I have time:
Going to see ruins
Shopping on La Quinta Avenida - Mexican 5 Ave
Stalagmites and Stelagtites of Mexican Caves - Cenote Chaak Tun
Any and All specially the day parties.
The Jungle party :)
Listed? Robot Heart? Crosstown? Cityfox?
So that's all for now folks, email me if you have any question!
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Thursday, May 24, 2012
Here are my recommendations; parties I'm really looking forward to, parties guaranteed to have great TECHNO and the ones that are just hard to pass up because they're what Detroit techno is all about: celebrating its sound, its talent and its roots.
Friday May 25th
Bang Tech 12 Sixteenth Anniversary Party @ Bookies Bar & Grill
2208 Cass Ave, Detroit. 3pm - 2 am
Our friends from the Detroit Techno Militia are throwing their annual anniversary party for their booking agency Bang Tech 12 to start the DEMF weekend in style: with some no-bullshit techno. With a huge lineup of DJs (a lot of Detroit locals and it also includes several names from states like Ohio, Indiana, Florida and Tennessee), this friendly bunch makes it even more friendly: it's free. If you have seen Seoul and Linder at the festival in 2010 or the DTM 5x5 last year, you know the Militia won't fuck around.
You can find more info about the Bang Tech party HERE.
Smart Bar Movement Opening BBQ @ TV Bar
2548 Grand River Ave, Detroit. 10 pm - 4 am
Chicago's Smart Bar is bringing in Detroit exclusives Prosumer and Orchard Lounge to play with Kate Simko along with local Detroit talent. I'm recommending this, well, because Prosumer is playing and he is not to be missed.
Info & tickets HERE.
Saturday May 26th
CLR @ Elysium Lounge
625 Shelby St, Detroit. 10 pm - 4 am
Chris Liebing. Speedy J. Tommy Four Seven. Drumcell. If these names alone don't get a reaction from you, there's something wrong with you.
Info & tickets HERE.
Beretta Music: Ten Years of Techno @ The Works
1846 Michigan Ave, Detroit. 10 pm - 6 am
Detroit label Beretta Music is celebrating their ten-year anniversary in style with names like Aril Brikha, Reference (Luke Hess & Brian Kage), Omar-S and Ryan Crosson. Plus you can't go wrong with anything Detroit-based when there.
Tickets and info HERE.
Soul Skate 2012 @ Northland Roller Skating Center
22311 W8 Mile Road, Detroit. 11 pm - 5 am
Kenny Dixon Jr's (aka Moodymann) annual roller skating party is always fun. Seriously, techno and skating? SOLD.
Sunday May 27th
KMS 25 - Tribute to Detroit @ St Andrew's Hall
431 East Congress St, Detroit. 10 pm - 4 am
Kevin Saunderson put together what that looks to be the most anticipated party for the weekend. With all four creators of techno on one stage PLUS Ben Sims and Carl Craig's 69 live show, the lineup also includes Detroit Techno allstars like Blake Baxter, Stacey Pullen, Buzz Goree, Mike Huckaby and Kenny Larkin just to name a few to be spread out in three floors. This one is the NOT-TO-BE-MISSED party.
Tickets and info HERE.
Interface 36 - Scene 04 @ The Works
1846 Michigan Ave, Detroit. 10 pm - 7 am
Blank Code and Droid are teaming up to have some of the most serious techno this weekend. With acts like DVS1, Cell Injection (Drumcell + Audio Injection), Raiz, Luis Flores, Kyle Geiger and Project 313, this is the go-to party for the deeper, harder techno heads. Do not miss Corbin Davis! Got a chance to check him out this past weekend and he blew my mind.
Shit Show 3 @ Waterfalls
673 Franklin Street, Detroit. 7 am - 7 pm
They're back for their third year of non-stop debauchery. Lineup includes Kollektiv Turmstrasse, Ryan Crosson, Daniel Bell, Deetron and Three, among many others.
Tickets and info HERE.
Monday May 28th
Need I Say More VII @ Old Miami
3930 Cass Ave, Detroit. 7 am - 7 pm
What to say about this party? Presented by Visionquest, this has always been the highlight of DEMF weekend. Lineup is not announced, there are no presales (you pay at the door, $10 all day) and it's guaranteed to have great talent. Maya Jane Coles and D'Julz are said to play according from their tour dates. Get there early, it gets PACKED. Expect long lines.
Movement Official Closing Party @ Elysium Lounge
625 Shelby St, Detroit. 11 pm.
The official closing party presented by Paxahau will have Marco Carola on decks all night. It's free with a VIP wristband, otherwise it's $5 at the door. Yes, you got it right: Marco Carola for $5. Enough said. Usually the closing party ends around 3 am.
Midnight Jack @ The Works
1846 Michigan Ave, Detroit. 10 pm - 5 am
Buzz Goree is presenting his Mixworks 11-year anniversary with a label showcase that includes some of the best talent from Detroit. Rolando, Tim Baker & HD Substance as District 909, Dru Ruiz and of course, Buzz Goree will all be playing. Also one of our NY boys, Craft (Daniele Ciocio) will be sharing the decks with such inspiring Detroit artists. Craft has become one of the top up-and-coming artists from New York City and has an upcoming vinyl EP release on Mixworks which includes a remix by Mr Goree. Make sure you check him out!
Info and link for tickets HERE.
Friday, April 27, 2012
Paxahau announced a couple of hours ago via Facebook invite the boat party; Voyage Royale IV, teaming up with BPM to bring you Danny Tenaglia, Art Department and DJ Sneak aboard the Detroit Princess. It will be held as always on Sunday night after the festival. First release tickets are on sale for $60 and you can find them HERE.
Matt Tolfrey vs Ryan Crosson
Life and Death (first live performance ever)
You can find tickets HERE.
Saturday's official afterparty will be held at St Andrews Hall (431 East Congress). Lineup includes Lil' Louis, Rick Wilhite, Greg Wilson and Michael Geiger. Tickets are on sale HERE.
I also received the invite for the closing party, held at Elysium as well. Marco Carola is on the bill and admission will be $5 at the door.
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Saturday, March 31, 2012
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Not surprisingly the Metro Times did not answer his post and soon after deleted from their Facebook page. Hundreds show support for GSHC via likes, shares and comments (over 400 and counting).
HEY DPD. GO FUCK YOURSELF. even we we do something completely legal, you still try. we all know that you have nothing better to do in detroit then to try and bust a legal party at a bar that stopped at 2am. i know you fucking dickwads are reading this. F U C K Y O U D P D. so sorry that your bust at a bar didnt work out for you, thanks for wasting the tax dollars that we pay you. you fucking DICKHEADS
Check out more on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/gshcusa
WTIYF SUPPORTS GSHC!
Amsterdam Dance Event announces 2012 dates, adds fifth day
The seventeenth edition of the Amsterdam Dance Event (ADE), the international conference and festival for electronic music, will take place from the 17th to the 21st of October, 2012. After selling out for the last five years, the ADE is regarded as one of the highlights of the annual international dance and electronic music calendar. Thanks to the fact of being both a major festival of electronic music as well as a business platform for the international music industry, the event is widely considered to be an important indicator of the health of the electronic music scene.
Event organiser the Amsterdam Dance Event Foundation expects that the five day event will once again attract more than 140,000 festival-goers and 3,000 conference delegates from 62 countries. "Two years ago we included the Wednesday in order to accommodate a growing list of conferences and parties, and in 2012 - because there are now so many events throughout the whole of the weekend - Sunday is now officially included in the ADE dates,” Richard Zijlma, ADE Director, said. The 2011 Sunday schedule included amongst others Visionquest at Trouw, Moon Harbour & secretsundaze, Wicked Jazz Sounds and the Melkweg After Party.
ADE 2012 will also feature expanded versions of the ADE University (aimed at inspiring and educating students and young music industry professionals) and ADE Playground (showcasing technology and technological innovation), both of which were introduced in 2011 to widespread acclaim, as well as improvements and new developments for the Hard Dance Event (HDE), Music and Bits and ADE Next.
Each year 3,000+ artists, A&R managers, journalists, label representatives, booking agents, producers and music publishers from around the world gather in Amsterdam to do business, network, discover new talent and keep up to date on the latest technological and legislative developments. The 140,000+ festival visitors - including approximately 30,000 tourists - fill the city's venues for a wide range of shows and events featuring the very best national and international artists. The 2011 edition of the ADE staged a record 220 events in 52 venues across the city, with a total of over 800 DJs and acts performing.
The Amsterdam Dance Event 2012 will take place on October 17 to 21. More information is available at
The Amsterdam Dance Event is organized by the Amsterdam Dance Event Foundation, an initiative of Buma.
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
- http://www.burningman.com/preparation/ - preparation
- http://burningman.com/preparation/event_survival/relationships.html - relationship guide
- http://www.xlr8r.com/features/2011/08/xlr8rs-ultimate-burning-man-surv - XlR8R Mag Guide
- http://www.cieux.com/bm/dorksGuide.html - A Dork's Guide
- http://www.burningman.com/first_timers/ - First Timer
- http://www.softcom.net/users/rocksci/bman/ - how to stay alive funny link
- http://dancefever5000.wordpress.com/2010/01/24/shilo%E2%80%99s-virgin-burning-man-guide-by-tricia/ - Vigin Guide by Shilo
- http://www.sfbg.com/burningman - Guide by SF Gaurdian
- http://ballettothepeople.com/2011/08/17/burning-man-survival-guide-for-dancers/ - Dancer's Guide
- http://wikitravel.org/en/Black_Rock_City - Wiki Travel Org
- http://polyparadise.azcompuguy.com/emotional.htm - Mental/Emotional Guide
- http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Tools-Burning-Packing-List/lm/RWOZMDGPVRMH2 - AMAZON LIST user generated
- http://www.caveday.com/hangovers/the-burning-man-hangover-survival-guide with check boxes
- http://artpredator.wordpress.com/2009/08/09/bikes-at-burning-man-part-two-lets-go-ride-at-night - Very informative bike specific guide :)
- http://www.monkeylectric.com/ - COOL BIKE LIGHTS!
- http://playacycles.com/ - Bike care info
- http://www.burningman.com/on_the_playa/bikes/index.html - Official
- http://www.cieux.com/bm/maxicon.html - Buying used bikes
- http://burningtribe.com/html/playabikes.html - Advice
- http://www.ifixit.com/blog/2010/09/15/burning-man-bike-repair/ - Bike Repair on Playa
- http://www.desertdomes.com/dome.html - Dome construction
- http://dustycouture.com/ - Dusty Couture BM Fashion Blog
- http://blogs.laweekly.com/stylecouncil/2011/08/burning_man_fashion_guide.php - La Weekly Fashion Article
- http://www.etsy.com/blog/en/2009/burning-man-packing-list/ -Etsy!!!! shopping list
Friday, January 13, 2012
- Rule of thumb stick to what’s easiest for you at home.
- Wigs are great for the night. Not only do they protect your real hair from getting sandy, but they also keep your head warm from cold playa nights. During the day it can be very hot. For some it might be too hot for wigs, so as long as you’re comfortable you can wear a wig.
- Braids are a great option for playa. They are
- Playa is not the time to be crimping and curling. You do not want to spend a lot of time on your hair while at burning man.
- Fun hair accessories, big flowers, clip on feathers and colored hair extensions
- After 3 days your hair will be crispy from all the sand.
- You will need heavy conditioner and various shampoos once you get back from Burning Man.
- When you finally was your hair Do a light vinegar rinse, this will help get rig of playa sand and protect it the alkaline.
- Bright colored lipstick is great looks better in pictures too
- Sparkly eye make up
- Bright eye shadows
- Big fake eyelashes, i find them annoying to wear but alot of girls had them on and they look great.
- Check out Xotic Eyes and Violent Lips makeup one time applique solutions. Paste and go.
- Warpaint and Tribal style
- Over the top
- Try All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray by Urban Decay. It should help your make up last a little bit longer.
- If you can afford to spend $30 on a manicure suggest getting Shellac or similar gel nail manicure. This type of manicure lasts up to two weeks with no chips. I tested it last year and it worked great.
- Your nails are going to chip regardless of what you do, so iether bring some remover or adopt an "I don't care attitude"
- Crackle polish
- Glitter polish
- Fun designs
- Stay away from garments the will spread MOOP.
- Anything goes, in term of playa wear you can really get a way with anything so be fun and creative.
- Small backpacks or fanny pack, cross body bags, its good to have different size bags depending how long you will be out of you home base.
- Hats to protect you from the sun, big floppy ones, or cowboy style
- Faux colored fur it’s a Playa must have.
- Parasols make great accessories and they help protect you from the sun
- My criteria for shop
- Head dresses
- Its not halloween so I don't suggest full costumes, but if you peace together pieces of different costumes that works!
- Bikini tops
- Colorful fun printed leggings and stockings, great for night time
- Tank tops, tube tops, no tops
- Someday you might not feel like fully dressing up or making your outfit a production, bring some regular clothes.
- Portable ashtray if you smoke
- Small mirror
- Lip gloss or chap stick, colored chap stick
- Roll on perfume or travel body spray
- Travel Size baby wipes useful for everything.
- Hand cream, hands ten to get dry, and not just any hand cream but the higher the concentration of Shea butter the better.
- This is apart from your essentials, dust mask, head lamp, lights ect.
- Feminine wipes
- Breath mints, gum, or those tiny disposable tooth brushes
- Hand held folding fan, keep your self cool.
- Sun glasses
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
EL Wire Bike
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
PART 2 - Let’s Talk Logistics, first time RVing
How to get you and all your CRAP from point A to point Burning Man? How and when too book everything. This is how we did it, you can learn from our mistakes.
We booked an RV from San Francisco, made the bulk of our purchases in Reno.
2. Buy Burning Man Ticket
3. Buy Airfare
4. Pick up RV in San Francisco
5. Buy Supplies in Reno + Bikes (will talk more about this in Part 3: Collecting your Harvest)
But you don’t know anything about camping and you still want to go Burning Man? Have no fear. Who can blame you? Get and RV and join a camp. This will make you life easier your camp will help you get organized. Some camps provide meals and build showers. This is what camp dues are for, to build stuff for your camp like light up dance floors and provide food and comfort in a hostile environment.
When is the time to Book your RV? Where?
If your asking this question then probably you’re already too late, prices for booking an RV go up the closer you get to BM dates. So the time to book the RV is NOW! Before December you can get the best prices. Start doing your research right after this years BM is over to book for next year.
MISTAKE – Not Booking an RV early. Rule of thumb the sooner you can book your RV for Burning Man, the better.
The closer you are to Reno the more expensive it will be. So for a couple of hours drive from San Francisco or Sacramento, you can SAVE a lot of money.
What are the costs? Is booking an RV going to cost me an arm and a leg.
MISTAKE – Trying to fool the RV rental place, by saying your not taking it to Burning Man. They been doing this for years, they know. The dust gets everywhere including the motor. It’s impossible to get off. They’ll know. You’ll end up forfeiting the deposit or paying extra.
Is the convenience package REALLY worth it? What the hell is a convenience kit anyways? How many kits should I get?
Most RV companies off a kit called the convenience kit. It brings a fair amount of stuff your going to need. Fees for the kits are $50 or more per kit.
• Pots & pans
• Cooking Tools – Yes! It comes with can opener
• Silverware, dinnerware and glassware
• Pillows and blankets
A lot of people say no, it’s not worth it but I disagree. It’s easy to bring all this when you live in the west coast, but if you have to travel by air to go pick up your RV its all the stuff you don’t want to bring with you from far away.
I do however think, you don’t need 1 kit per person, 1 or 2 kits for entire RV is fine.
TIP – Get at least one convenience kit.
What do I do when I pick up my RV? And Returning? Cleaning is a bitch.
This is probably the single most important thing I learned about booking an RV! When you pick up this monstrous vehicle inspect it well. We where so excited that we for got to check a couple of things.
We where already well on the road to Burning man when we realized two very important things:
1. The microwave DID NOT work … Keep Calm carry On
2. The amount of gas that rental company said they put in the vehicle was contrary to what it actually had. Supposedly they gave us a full tank. FAIL it was 1/3 full. This was a problem because you have to return it with the same amount… Keep Calm carry On
I cant stress this enough inspect ever single inch of that because you will be liable.
Check that everything works. If it run on electric make sure it turns on and its working properly. If you find any bumps or bruises make sure the company knows it.
TIP - Test all of the electronics yourself
Microwave … make sure it turns on heats up
Stove … make sure it turns on heats up
Fridge… make sure both halves are cold Fridge and Freezer
Generator… test it before you go
Meters for black water… make sure they seem inorder
OH! And expect the RV place to be rude to you, they’ve been dealing with Burners all day.
Returning, the RV is not easier. In fact it’s harder because cleaning it is a bitch. We did our cleaning ourselves this saved us some money in the end. A group of 5 of us did it in about 2 hours.
PLAYA SAND is like BABY POWDER so the first couple of times you try to wipe it off, all your doing is spreading it. Be prepared to use water and lots of it go to an RV park they will have areas for you to clean your RV and a hose. It will be everywhere. It’s going to want to stick to you and to the RV. It’s going to want to go home with you. It’s you new clingy boyfriend or girlfriend that you can’t get rid of. Good old-fashioned elbow grease is your answer.
TIP - Use moist towels with vinegar to help wipe things down and remove sand.