Saturday, March 31, 2012

DEMF Weekend Afterparties

With a bit less than two months to go for Movement (and immediately after WMC), afterparties are starting to get announced for Memorial Day weekend and I'm giddy with excitement. Those that know me know I'm GLUED to several sites and message boards since around February every year to find out what is going on as soon as parties are announced. I put together a list of everything that goes on in Detroit during Movement weekend that I share on a message board with everyone; it's my thing. I even include some suggestions and tips for the DEMF first-timers. I book my hotel in December or January just to make sure I get the best options. This is my Techno Christmas.

Of all the afterparties announced so far, I have to say that the one I'm the most excited about is Interface 36 / Scene 04, a collaboration between Blank Code and Droid Behavior taking place on Sunday May 27th at The Works. The lineup is stellar, including Droid artists Drumcell and Audio Injection playing together as Cell Injection, the Vargas brothers also known as Raiz, DVS1, Luis Flores from Mexico (who recently wowed me with his CLR podcast a couple of months ago) and Kyle Geiger along with many Blank Code regulars. I am also glad to see Jeff Derringer in the lineup, who is the resident DJ and one of the masterminds behind Oktave, a monthly party in Chicago and NYC bringing a deeper and more abstract flavor of techno. Tickets are on sale and very limited at blankcode.com/tickets. You can find more info on the event here: www.facebook.com/events/184754594970881/

Techno favorites Chris Liebing and company are hosting a CLR showcase in Detroit for the second year in a row at Elysium on Saturday the 26th. Lineup includes Chris Liebing & Speedy J (Collabs), Tommy Four Seven and Drumcell, with more names to be announced. Early bird tickets are on sale on RA: www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?357705

Gary Springs Hunting Club is back this year with the third edition of Shit Show, taking place at a new venue, Waterfalls, on Sunday the 27th from 7 am until 7 pm. This year they have teamed up with the 'As You Like It' crew from San Francisco. Their lineup includes Detroit exclusives Kollektiv Trumstrasse (who I highly recommend catching) and Rich Korach. Ryan Crosson, DJ Three plus more to be announced. Tickets can be found here: http://www.clubtix.com/shit-show-3-tickets-107426

No comments:

Post a Comment