Thursday, October 15, 2009

You’re A Winner - My social experiment.

My story starts in Seattle for Decibel Festival 09, at a boat party some random person went up to a friend (Melissa Lyons) and looked her in the eye and told her, “You’re a Winner!”

So after much discussion we thought it would be a great idea to spread the love. Simply pay it forward. So as part of my 10 day whirlwind vacation in the NW, from Decibel I would take this straight to LovEvolution 09. What better place to test people’s reactions.

So here I go Saturday night to Sunday Morning at the End up, spreading the love. I got some great reactions from strangers. People were generally puzzled, but glowing right after. I could tell they felt good.

“Thanks I needed to hear that”

“Thank you!”

“Thanks for noticing”

“You’re a winner too!”

I also noticed it had an effect on me, everytime I made someone feel good It would bounce back to me.

I was joking around and commented to another friend I hope it doesn’t turn into the telephone game, after passing it along - WINNER becomes WIENER.

Hopefully I came make this thing go viral like the noodle dip!

No comments:

Post a Comment