If you're coming to Winter Music Conference, you have to get your pirate on. WMC Boat parties are a must to make your Miami experience complete, because there is nothing in the world like cruising the bay area by the beautiful skyline, listening to your favorite DJ and dancing on the waves.
- If you have your heart set on going to a certain WMC boat party, ensure a hassle-free trip and buy your tickets as soon as possible. Tickets for these events are very limited. The capacity of the vessel and only the capacity of the vessel can determine the amount of tickets sold; promoters are not allowed to oversell tickets.
- Arrive there early- the last thing you want to do is miss the boat! It's just like a flight; get there at least thirty minutes before departure time. Most yachts begin boarding at least two hours ahead of the departure time so you can relax, avoid lines and get a feel of the ship's ambiance. Plus you're paying for the party- might as well get there early and get started!
- Before you leave your home base, AKA the hotel or crash pad, remember to bring a valid form of ID. The last thing you want to see is your friends sailing away on the cruise of a lifetime without you. If you are under 18, you're just going to have to wait to until you turn 21, or else the crew might make you walk the plank. All boat parties are 21 and up.
- Many boat parties are OPEN BAR, which is an added plus meaning you don't have to pay for drinks unless you want top shelf liquor or specialty drinks. Don't forget tipping money- gather those one dollar bills for faster service at the bar, because as we all know open bar usually translates to long lines. Tipping will set you apart from the maddening crowd and make the bartender your friend which translates into faster service and stronger drinks.
- If you know you have a queasy stomach, take some Dramamine for motion sickness before you board or bring some crystallized ginger to chew on while you sail.
- Worst case scenario: you want to get onboard a yacht party that is sold out, and you have no tickets. Don't lose all hope- sometimes there are no-shows. You may be able to get on a "Stand By" list just like with the airlines. If you want to get on board: arrive early, let them know your situation and if there is room they will try to accommodate you.
Know Your Docks
There are three main docks. You must know the exact dock you are leaving from as many ships have multiple locations from which they depart:Miamarina at Bayside
Address: 401 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, FL 33132
Located In: Bayside Marketplace
BayFront Park Dock
Address: 301 North Biscayne blvd, Miami, FL 33132
Located In: Bayfront Park, in front of the InterContinental Hotel.
View Larger Map
Collins Dock on 45th St
Address: 4525 Collins Ave, Miami, FL 33140
Located In: Collins Ave, directly across Eden Roc. Look to your left on the water, you should see a parade of luxury liners after you pass 44st on Collins.